1. Elderly men are stubborn.
2. I will always laugh (on the inside) when my patient wants me to help her escape from physical therapy.
3. I can't efficiently blow my nose with one hand while driving.
4. I can steer with my knees.
5. My denture-less patient saying, "my dee-zeeze" will also bring an instantaneous (on the inside) riot of laughter.
6. Some 90 yr-old women may not want you to shout at them to be heard.
7. Don't give a dementia patient a bracelet and then be surprised if it's MIA the next time you cross bewildered paths.
8. If dentures aren't in the mouth or the dresser, check down the blouse.
9. Even after quizzing patients all day, I can't remember the date when I do my paperwork.
10. At the end of a long day, I am easily amused, especially when my boyfriend is rambling about cats, togas, and dominating a nursing home after my demise...and possibly erecting a shrine in my honor resembling the parents' yard in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, but Mexican status.
Once Upon Otero Road
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment