Ok, friends. I'm in a family ward and I've just been called as the young single adult representative (and primary chorister). For YSA, I could really use any and all ideas you have for fun activities, service projects, self-improvement/skills activities, and fellowship activities (we have many many inactive members...). I would really appreciate any advice of what's fun, good for a large group or small group, and fits nicely in a limited budget (or even advice for ideas that have gone terribly wrong and should never again see the light of day). Thanks in advance for any suggestions you make!
I was the Stake YSA representative once, and it was difficult to come up with new ideas all the time. Luckily, the program was so small, we combined with 2 other stakes for all of our monthly activities. In June ish, we had a beach party and ordered giant sandwiches from Subway, decorated the tables with sand and shells and other beachy stuff, and then played water balloon volleyball outside. That had the most attendance of any other event we did. I'll keep thinking of things we did and send ideas your way! Good luck! (I've also done Primary Chorister, so if you need ideas for anything there, let me know). You'll be great!!
ReplyDelete