Thursday, April 1, 2010

2009-2010 Season Review, in 15 minutes or less

Has it really been since August '09 since I've updated my blog? Wow! So much has happened since then...but instead of totally describing every minute detail, how about some Cliffnoted catching up?

Moved back to Albuquerque at the end of August.
Started a job with Albuquerque Public Schools as an Apprentice SLP (while I finish thesis). I work at an elementary school providing bilingual speech therapy.
Aaron bought me a hamster. I named her Scout (To Kill A Mockingbird...)
Turned 25 in October.
Dressed as the "Princess and the P" (carried a giant letter P) for Halloween at work. Read to groups of parents and kids.
Celebrated 1 year dating Aaron in November.
Christmas with the fam was awesome.

New Year:
Tried menudo. Survived.
Became addicted to Glee.
Got 6 new Spanish speaking Pre-K kiddos. Adorable!
Aaron shared my addiction to Lost. Countdown to the final episode commenced.
Joined Netflix. Turns out, this enabled our Lost addiction. Found some interesting foreign films.
Got a gnarly sinus infection.
Spring Break. Went to Gallup. Came home.
Gnarly sinus infection, part II....or continuation of the first. Plus, double ear infections and bronchitis. Insurance is awesome. So are antibiotics.


I've been sick a lot more this year, which has put a damper on being productive. I also discovered the depressing reality that I now weigh the most I ever have. Good thing my apartment complex has a gym.

I absolutely LOVE working with my students. I'm definitely in the right profession. I've learned a lot about the professional world, the SLP world, and myself.

I miss my friends in Utah, but I'm happy to be where I am.

It's been great to be closer to home. My family and I have needed each other. It's been nice to spend more time with them.

Aaron and I are doing wonderfully :) And I'll leave it at that, for now...

1 comment:

  1. Yay updates! Glad to hear someone else out there loves Glee as much as me. My SLPA got me hooked, then I got Matt hooked. We even watched episodes while they were inducing labor :).

    I noticed that I got sick fairly frequently when I first started working in the schools, but after being there a while it decreased--probably a combination of my new-found obsession with hand sanitizer and a tolerance for the germs my kids usually carry. I also gained weight when I started working full time. Stress does strange things to our bodies!

    Okay, this is like a novel of a comment. But I'm just so happy you're back. The end.

    ReplyDelete